Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Welcome

Hello!  I am writing this blog as part of my Women's Literature course.  I am an English major (teaching emphasis) and a History and a Theology minor.  The literary works I will be using for this blog include (but are not limited to) Edible Woman (Margaret Atwood), Mint Snowball (Naomi Shihab), Like Water for Chocolate (Laura Esquivel), Chocolat (Joanne Harris), The Feminine Mystique (Betty Friedan), and Dreaming in Cuban (Christina Garcia).  As part of the course I will also be paying special attention to food imagery in women's literature.  The struggle between hunger and feeling full (or fulfilled) is not isolated to the kitchen table and through this blog I hope to analyze how food comes to represent this struggle.  Finally, I will explore how food intertwines with our emotions and even our sense of identity, especially as women.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment